Christmas down-under is different to Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere. To anyone contemplating a move to NZ, here is an easy guide to help you with the changes.
1. Christmas dinner is more likely to be a BBQ than roast turkey
2. Dessert is more likely to be pavlova than Christmas pudding
3. The Pohutukawa is known as the native Christmas tree, but that’s because it flowers in December. You’re more likely to have an artificial tree than a traditional fir / pine.
4. Instead of a brisk post-dinner walk in the park, it’s more likely to be a stroll on the beach at sunset
5. It’s summer!
6. Because of the time zone differences, Santa gets here first – yay!
This Christmas is extra special, because Lillian Grant, one of my favourite erotic authors has just released her new book, the eagerly awaited Hot Male.
I would LOVE to find the yummy Irish stripper, Michael Monaghan, in my Christmas stocking…. Santa? Are you listening? I’ve been a really good girl this year 🙂
Merry Christmas 🙂
(all images, except beach scene, courtesy of 123rf.com)