The wonderful Sotia Lazu tagged me in this “freeze-tag style blog hop that’s going around Authorville.” Thanks Sotia * mwah mwah *
Basically, if you get tagged, fill out the questions on your own blog about your upcoming writing project, then tag five additional authors, linking to their blogs or websites. Don’t forget to let them know they were tagged. 🙂
Like most writers, I have more than one WIP. I have the first in a series of paranormal romances (OBSESSION) being published by Time & Tide in a couple of months, but I answered these questions for the short story that I’m about to self-publish. This should be online and available by end-January.
THE TEN QUESTIONS:
1. What is the title of your book?
Come To Me
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
I love ghost stories and sexy cowboys, and the idea of combining the two was irresistible J
3. What genre does your book fall under?
Paranormal erotic romance
4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Hmmm… I usually have images in mind when I write, but this time I didn’t.
However, since I want a sweet talkin’ Texan for Jack, I think Matt Bomer would be a good starting point.
Summer is a Manchester girl. It seems appropriate to choose an English soap star, and Gemma Atkinson is perfect 🙂
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
She fell in love with a ghost… who didn’t know he was dead
6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Self-published. It’s my first foray into the murky waters of self-publishing… wish me luck!
7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Two weeks, then it hung around for a few months before I brushed it off and started polishing it. On and off (while I worked on other manuscripts), it probably took 6 months in the background.
8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I haven’t read any others quite like this…
9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My fellow Goodreads moderators (in the PNR NaUBA group) asked me to write a sexy paranormal scene for them. I asked them for some basic details – names of the male / female lead and secondary character, occupation of the female lead. I already had in mind a delicious cowboy for the male lead and I liked the idea of him being a ghost. I wrote it over the space of 2 weeks, posting a chapter at a time, for fun more than anything else. Thanks Mods – you know who you are 🙂
It was only after it was finished, and a couple of other friends liked it that I decided to self publish.
10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
It’s sexy and spooky and fun. Dreaming about making love to a hot cowboy… what’s not to like?
And here’s the summary, so you can judge for yourselves whether you’d be interested:
Summer is a gifted psychic, and used to seeing spirits, but sexy cowboy Jack McKane is unlike any spirit she has ever encountered… For a start, he doesn’t know he’s dead.
When he begins to haunt her dreams as well as her séances, she knows she has to lay his ghost to rest, but can she bear the thought of never seeing him again?
I’m tagging the following five authors to be the Next Big Thing:
1. Sorcha Mowbray (yummy hot regency novellas)
2. Voirey Linger (* fans myself * fallen angels)
3. Ella Frank (The ‘Exquisite’ series of delicious restaurant owners – food and sex…. Dee-vine)
4. Dawn Jayne (angels like you’ve never seen before)
5. Tina Carreiro (a fresh new voice in vampires)
PS – Dawn’s latest book (UPRISING) is going to be featured as February Book Of The Month, in my Goodreads Group (PNR NaUBA) – isn’t this a GORGEOUS cover!
2 thoughts on “The Next Big Thing?”
Loving those answers – especially 5 and 9!
Thanks for the tag and the shout-out to Uprising. 🙂
I like your choice of actors and absolutely love your cover!