Is there anything quite so delicious as immersing yourself in a great book? Yes. Re-reading it.
There are times I want to play it safe with my reading, to spend more time with much-loved familiar characters, and to enjoy the way the action plays out all over again. I know how it will end. I know the major dramas along the way, but that doesn’t detract in the slightest from the enjoyment I get. Some books I’ve read so many times that the characters are like old friends. Nalini Singh’s Psy/Changeling world, and JR Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood are examples, but there are others.
These are my most-often-reached-for re-reads:
- Nalini Singh – Psy/Changeling series (especially anything with Judd Lauren * swoon *)
- JR Ward – Black Dagger Brotherhood series (especially Rhage and Vishous)
- Suzanne Brockmann – Troubleshooters series
- Sarina Bowen – True North series, Gravity series, Ivy Years series
- Daphne Du Maurier – Rebecca
There are others. And there will always be others, but if I want a guaranteed immersion in a book that is guaranteed to please me, these are my starting points 🙂
How about you? Re-read or not?
~ * ~
I’m active on #Bookstagram these days. Why not check me out? You can see what I’m reading 🙂 https://www.instagram.com/sofiagreyauthor/